Thursday, 24 April 2014

Radio Play

Our radio play was about a couple who was going to their grandparents house to drop off their son Jack. On the way to the house they got into an accident. It was inferred that the married couple had some big plans once they dropped off Jack. At the end of the play we learned that Lisa was cheating on her husband and was planning on leaving him once they dropped Jack off. After the car crash though she has a moment of clarity and discovers that she loves her husband and doesn't know what she would do without him.

This radio play was hard to do as it was very difficult to try and act out such a dramatic scene. I think that our group did a good job at portraying dramatic irony, as Jack just wanted to ride the tractor when he got to his grandma's house and it was a tractor that hit them. I also think that we were able to give the audience a surprise ending and a bit of a twist to the story by telling them about Lisa's partner and how she was going to leave her husband.

My favourite radio play was by Chris and Mat, they were very funny and had a good story line. They also had very good characterization. This assignment was a different way of creating a fun and exciting project. I really enjoyed listening to all of the different story lines.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed making the radio play and the challenges it presented, although I didn't like having to record myself. I liked finding the sound effects we used to make it more realistic and I think we did a good job on the script.
    I agree that Chris and Mat did a really good job, it was also my favourite play.

    ReplyDelete